BIR TAX Assist’s Personal Information Protection Policy
I. The Company
NTT DATA Philippines, Inc. , (hereinafter referred to as “NDPH”) is a leading Filipino Information Technology Organization that provides world-class solutions and services on the Microsoft and Oracle platforms to enable its customers to achieve their business objectives. NDPH specializes in the delivery of Business, Learning and Outsourcing Solutions.
II. Statement of Policy
NDPH recognizes the importance of personal information as an important social responsibility. Committed to protect and respect data privacy, NDPH ensures that all Personal Information collected from clients and customers are processed in adherence to the general principles of transparency, legitimate purpose, and proportionality. Thus, any collection and processing of Personal Information shall be done in accordance with the following policy:
1. NDPH shall comply with the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and other relevant policies, including issuances of the National Privacy Commission. We shall appropriately collect and process Personal Information in accordance with the equitable and reasonable practice of the protection of Personal Information.
2. NDPH shall make sure that the rules on management procedures of Personal Information are clear and that its employees are knowledgeable on the matter.
3. NDPH shall procure the consent of the customer and inform him/her about the purpose of acquisition and utilization of Personal Information. The Personal Information shall be managed only within the said purpose and use. Upon the termination of the use of Personal Information, NDPH will ensure its disposal within a reasonable time as provided for in this Policy.
4. To preserve the integrity of Personal Information collected and in order to prevent leakage, loss, and/or alteration, NDPH shall take the necessary measures to manage Personal Information appropriately by conducting risk impact assessments, developing precautionary protocols, exercising proper breach notifications, and formulating contingency measures.
5. Requests for disclosure, correction, deletion, or erasure of Personal Information retained by NDPH shall be promptly addressed in accordance with this Policy.
III. Personal Information Collected
NDPH may collect the basic contact information of clients and customers, including their full name, address, email address, contact number, together with the information of the products they would like to purchase. The collection may be made upon the customer’s initiative, or by a sales representative through forms accomplished electronically/digitally or otherwise.
IV. Use of Personal Information
NDPH shall collect and process Personal Information necessary for the proper execution of its business, particularly for the following purposes:
1. To respond to inquiries about our products or services, and requests for information materials;
2. To properly manage our client’s service requirement;
3. To properly implement maintenance support and marketing research in relation to NDPH’s business;
4. To perform other tasks related to our business;
5. With the customer’s consent, to send promotional e-mails to inform customers of NDPH events; and
6. With the customer’s consent, to share information to third parties limited to the purpose and subject to its reasonable use.
V. Management and Protection
NDPH shall ensure that Personal Information under its custody are protected against any accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, and disclosure as well as against any other unlawful processing. NDPH shall conduct appropriate and strict security measures in storing Personal Information, depending on its nature.
Personal Information collected is electronically stored in a dedicated server, secured by a digital authentication process. Personal Information collected manually is likewise stored in a dedicated room, accessible only to authorized personnel.
Due to the sensitive and confidential nature of the Personal Information, NDPH shall implement appropriate security measures that limit access to Personal Information.
Except as otherwise ordered by a competent court, only the customer and NDPH’s authorized personnel are allowed access to Personal Information stored. Any request for access must be made reasonably and for a legitimate purpose.
Personal Information shared to third parties shall be limited to items to which the customer expressly consented to. The use and storage of these information shall likewise be limited to the purpose consented to. Further, third party providers are bound to secure and manage Personal Information in accordance with their data sharing agreement with NDPH.
All employees and personnel of NDPH shall maintain the confidentiality and secrecy of all Personal Information that come to their knowledge and possession, even after their resignation or termination.
Personal Information stored by NDPH shall only be disclosed when based upon a lawful purpose, and only to persons entitled to its disclosure, and upon verification of the requestor’s identity.
VIII. Correction, Addition, Deletion
NDPH recognizes the right of its customers to rectify or delete Personal Information upon their instance or upon the termination of the specific purpose for which the information was collected.
As such, NDPH shall continue to retain the Personal Information of its clients and customers for as long as required by their business. After which, Personal Information which is no longer necessary shall be properly disposed of for a period of not more than ten (10) years.
NDPH further ensures that all requests for correction, addition, and deletion shall undergo proper identity authentication procedures. The request shall be accomplished within a reasonable time.
IX. Breach Notification
NDPH implements appropriate procedures for the management of a Personal Information breach and security incidents. To mitigate any potential adverse effects in cases of breach, a Data Breach Response Team shall be responsible for conducting the initial assessment and recovery procedures. Notification protocols to inform affected parties are also in place. A proper documentation and report of the incident is submitted to the management and the National Privacy Commission within the prescribed period.
Cookies are information stored on your computer by the browser when you visit this Website. NDPH uses only first-party cookies for following purposes.
i. To collect your traffic data by using Google Analytics
ii. To collect your download history from NDPH’s material download page
XI. Inquiries and Complaints
Customers and clients may inquire or request for information regarding any matter relating to the processing of their Personal Information under the custody of NDPH, including the data privacy and security policies implemented to ensure the protection and integrity of their Personal Information.
For any concerns, you may contact our Data Protection Officer via email at